View Single Post
Old
08-14-2004, 02:03 PM
IronMarshal

vCash: 500
When I went through puberty, I realized that it was time to stop being a front runner, and root for the home teams. So I always root for Philly teams in all sports first. I retain other teams to root for in the very likely event the Philly team gets knocked out, but I always root for the Philly teams first.

In football, I like a different team in each division (at least it used to work before realignment). Packers(boy hood favorites, Lombardi, Starr, et al), 49ers (John Brodie), Jets (Namath), Browns (Cowboy rival, and Jimmy Brown, Paul Warfield etc) and Chargers (John Hadl, Lance Alworth, Gary Garrison, Dickie Post and those uni's with the Bolts!).

Baseball, The Yankees are my favorite team (Mickey Mantle - my favorite player, and all that history), I also have liked secondarilly, the Giants (Mays, McCovey, G Perry), Indians (Sam McDowell) and Twins (Killebrew, Carew, Allison, Kaat, J Perry).

Basketball - Who cares, as a kid I rooted for the Warriors and (yuck now) Lakers of Jerry West and Gail Goodrich)

Hockey, Montreal Canadiens (Belleveau, LaFleur, LeMaire, Savard, LaParairere (sp), Wilson, both Mahovlich's, Houle etc).

For me, to not root for the home team is akin to rooting against the US in the Olympics.