Old
02-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Finally!!!

I wasn't arguing...I just wanted you to type it. You probably hit enter with your eyes closed.
I don't even think it'll be long before he wins. Just not this year. Still too much of a space cadet. Too raw.

At some point, though, Coffey-like stats take over and it's enough. The key is simply that for all the attention, Green's overall numbers aren't going to be in Coffey territory, even adjusted for the era. A total of 70 doesn't make up for pedestrian defense. In this era, 90-100 is the new 120-130, which constituted Coffey stats that put him over the top, back in the day. With more assists and fewer goals, other defensemen are going to come in with point totals similar to Green this year (even if those guys did it in 82 games, and Green in 65) but with better defensive games.

Incidentally, Pronger has made hash of many a NHL player, so there is no shame in getting lit up by a legend. Yet unless I'm mistaken, that play in which Pronger hammered Green took place along the boards right behind the Anaheim net.

Green for Norris in 2012!

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote