Thread: Rumor: Boston and Toronto
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2009, 01:56 PM
leaky37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Are you perpetually excited... man that's a lot of exclamation marks .

As for Bergeron being constantly hurt, aside from the concussion the guy has little injury issue. Kubina's career however has been riddled by injury.

Right now, Bergeron's value to the team far exceeds his value to another team, because as you mentioned he is coming off serious injury. That doesn't mean Boston is going to trade him for pennies on the dollar, just the opposite in fact, it means they'd be silly not to keep him, especially considering the value of his versatility come playoffs. He plays the point on the PP, plays the PK, and once he gets his game back in order is a very dangerous EV strength player.

The ridiculous part of all this is seeing the numerous trade proposals for the kid where people think he can be had for something that is far less then his actual overall value, simply because he has had a concussion. If Bergeron hadn't of had those concussions, we don't see any of these proposals.

Imagine if in every proposal, Bruins fans said Kaberle was worth at most, Aaron Ward and a 2nd because of Kaberle's past concussion issues. Oh, and hey, we'd want a conditional pick as well, you know, in case Kaberle's got injured again. It'd be maddening wouldn't it.
You must be thinking about some other Kubina. In the last 9 years which is 738 GP he has only missed 83GP in those 9 seasons and the majority of those games he missed were due to suspensions. Bergeron in the last 3 years missed 78Games out of 246 possible games! If you had Kubina you wouldn't need to put a forward back on the point during the PP. Kubina has a great shot from the point and it shows that with his 8 goals so far this year. Like I said before it would be a huge risk just for the leafs to do this trade! It could pan out for them or it could bite them in the A$$. Hense the Conditional pick, but I don't think you know what a conditional pick means because the trade that was proposed was Kubina for Bergeron Strait up, but to compensate the leafs if Bergeron were to never stay healthy and be on the LTI the leafs would get a pick, but if he met certain conditions then there would be no pick involved. Also like I said, I would much rather get a prospect and a Late first for Kubina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

leaky37 is offline   Reply With Quote