View Single Post
Old
02-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
I still think we are pretenders. The powerplay being terrible is not a fallacy. Trotz's ridiculous lines for half the season, and odd and nonsensical powerplay pairings are not a fallacy. The fact that our defense is required to provide a huge portion of our offense AND make NO mistakes is not a fallacy. If we make a playoffs, it is only if we: 1) Trade for something that changes the way we play. A top 6 winger could potentially do this. 2) Pekka Rinne literally carries us to the playoffs. 3) Steve Sullivan becomes a PPG player again.

I do not think we should be buyers, so I do not seeing 1 occuring. I think Sullivan is simply unable to reach the level he was at pre-surgery (although he could become a .8 ppg player given time.....but we do not have that time), so I am going to say not happening to option 3. Option 2 is possible to me, but I still think we are too weak up front and too contingent on a perfect defensive game to make it into the playoffs. Is it possible? Yes. I still doubt it will happen.