View Single Post
Old
02-10-2009, 07:25 PM
HABitual Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Man, sometimes losing streaks bring out the worst in Habs fans

No, losing streaks let you see which players will be able to step up when it counts, i.e. the playoffs. Based on what I've seen this year and in the playoffs last year, this team has no grit or heart, two elements that you need for anything other then a quick playoff exit. There are teams more desperate to make the playoffs that will part with drafted players that are not yet in the NHL in an attempt to get there. Guys that are skilled but soft can be protected in the line-up of a tough team like Calgary, on Montreal they have no insulation. If we can get tougher and stronger with more players better built for playoff hockey, I am willing to take a step back. This team is more then a move away from having a shot in the playoffs, so why not deal players who will not play a role in either developing the young players or be a part of the team when the key pieces reach their peak which is probably 2-3 years away. if we can get the types of players we need at a time GM's are notorious for overpaying even for mediocre players, I see no reason not to.

HABitual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote