View Single Post
Old
02-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I didn't get to see the game but I did a short article on my site about the NCAA prospects, as the regular season is about to wrap up with 6 games remaining before the playoffs (some teams have 8 games left). Quailer and McDonagh's team sit in 1st place, but both have huge series coming up with NU playing BU twice, who they are fighting with for 1st and Wisconsin has DU this weekend, who they are fighting with for 1st place.
Finally finished the 2nd and 3rd periods and I have to say I like Quailer. The kid has some serious wheels and really impressive stickhandling abilities. My only concern is that he's not going to initiate contacts. He's not that physical and if he can avoid to hit and instead outwit his opponent he'll do it. Having said that, he can take hits and doesn't fear to go to the net. I saw him trying to deke Shattenkirk, and was going along the boards where Shattenkirk seeing that he was deke decided to hit Quailer severely so he'd lose control of the puck. Well not only he didn't lose the puck, but didn't lose his balance as well (I know it doesn't sound like it but at full speed, it was impressive).

So he played a really good 2nd and 3rd, and I have no idea how he didn't get an assist on the 2nd goal. He was in the corner with 3 BU players around him, succeeded in giving the puck to his d-man who shot on the net for them to be deflected by one of his teamates who buried it.

Anyway, I like what I saw from him. What I would like to see from him in the future? Well as much he's pretty speedy for a big guy with his long strides, he will have to work on his first strides and on his overall agility. Seems to me like a boy who needs to work with his body body of his. I also would love to see him more physical. He needs to initiate contacts to get the puck out of opponents' hands.

P.S. Just wanted to respond here. Any mod could take everything to the prospect thread or I'll just copy and paste this post in it tomorrow.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote