View Single Post
Old
08-15-2004, 07:08 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerneedsdonut
That would be a poor trade for us. I believe having too many young players will hurt our chance of developing them. We barely have any vet forwards as it is.
with the moving of holik would clear 5 mill or so on the pay roll that could be used to sign a role playing vet and not keep that ***** holik , most likely for the 4th line maybe 3rd. i would rather go with more youth on offense and have 3 vets and 3 kids on defense, instead of 4 youths and 2 vets.

Also NYR does not have many top prospects so it would hurt no ones chances, the more the better. and who says these prospects are gonna become any good , we need prospects better ones than we got now, if not better than equal. nyr does not have that great of talent coming up, i mean some top guys but still. the more youth and talent the more that it can help nyr acquire stronger young players through trade. im sure if blackie works out to be a #1 montoya will be moved for a good prospect.

i think sather is higher on blackie than montoya, and the only reason he went ( well really maloney , but sather is gm im sure he knew what was going on)and drafted montoya was because they are a bit nervous about blackies shoulder problem that he is going through. if one works out the other is gone . thats basically it. and i think they are still relying on blackie foir the #1 role, and i hope he works out. then we can all say good bye to montoya and hello who ever comes , montoya will fetch a very good young player or prospect.