View Single Post
Old
02-11-2009, 10:46 AM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Richards has the ability to generate plenty on his own. Upshall and Powe bring the energy to pound into the corners and set up the play when they play dump and chase. The line should work fairly well.

I still don't understand why everyone's freaking out. Stevens said he wants to try it, which is what I'm all for. Eventually the Giroux's gonna lose it (he's young, after all, and hasn't developed yet) and it's going to go back to Richards on the first line. It's amazing how you agree with Stevens and the entire board wants your head on a platter and writes essays as to why you're wrong. For now, take advantage of a hot Giroux.

Did everyone also forget that the next 2 games are against 2 of the 3 worst teams in the NHL? If there's a time to experiment with things like this, that time is now, which is why I think Stevens is making the right call.
It's called wasting an asset.

Richards' greatest strength is getting the best out of other players. Look at the various transformations that Lupul, Hartnell, and Gagne have experienced when they play with him.

Now, would I rather Richards generate the best of Simon Gagne or the best of Darroll Powe?

I don't see why that's hard to understand.