Thread: Value of: Niedermayer and Pronger
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Beukeboom Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColincampbellOscopy View Post
I don't think the Caps are quite ready to make a run at a cup just yet. They're more than Chris Pronger away and I just think it'd be a mistake to give up on a kid who's going to make an impact on an NHL roster within the next 2 or 3 years at the latest.

That's just my opinion though and I would almost kill for Pronger, but it just seems like it's a deal that could be done without moving our top D prospect, especially with little depth at the Defense position coming behind Carlson.

Joe Finley is a guy I'd move for Pronger. I'd even move Osala for Pronger. I'd move any prospect not named Carlson or Varlamov(I'm not including Alzner as a prospect anymore). I think a deal could be worked out with Anaheim without losing John Carlson.
No offense - but your post is contradictory. You'd kill for Pronger, but you have 3 prospects who you wouldn't include? You have one of the youngest bluelines in the league - do you really need to have Carlson if Alzer turns out to be as good as he's looked so far? I understand that it's always nice to have a guy like Carlson waiting in the wings, but the goal is to win the Stanley Cup - right?

And like Txpd said - how much better do you expect the team to get? The opportunity to add one of the top 5 d-men in the league, and a guy who was a key contributor on a Cup winning team, is pretty rare. If the Caps add Pronger, I think they'd be if not the favorite to come out of the east, at least tied with BOS and head and shoulders favorites to make it to at least the ECF.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote