View Single Post
Old
02-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
My mistake, it was Hamhuis. I thought Federko said Weber.

I still advocate that we need a second-pairing defenseman. Whether it's Sulzer or someone outside the organization, I don't know, but I don't think Zanon is the answer at that #4 spot.
Yeah, the Blues' announcers were getting all kinds of names wrong last night. I noticed it on many occasions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
Been discussing this with some folks lately, but have waited to throw this out on the messageboards. I think Zanon is honestly a core player that must be re-signed. Whether or not you disagree with me on that point is irrelevant to my question though...

What do you think Zanon would get to re-sign with the Predators (per year salary, number of years not necessary, but appreciated) and conversely what do you think he could make on the open market as a UFA?

My honest opinion is he would take 3 years/$5.1 million ($1.7/year average) from Nashville and could easily grab $2 million+ on the open market. I've received many blank stares and seen many jaws drop the floor when I say that, but have also gotten several people to mirror my opinion as well.

Thoughts?

A "Core player" is a player that plays either top 4 (D) or Top 6 (F) minutes ... what is your definition of "Core Player" ?
Agree 100%. I even think Zanon would get more on the market. I could see him getting 3 mil. I'd sign him for 2, easily.

Though I'm not sure what I would define a core player as. Good question. I guess I just think of it as a player who you rely on every night, and has a low probability of being traded.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote