View Single Post
Old
08-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Jan Marek, Petr Prucha, Nigel Dawes. Exactly, your right, we have 5 LW that can turn into a top 6 forward. Thats not shallow my man, and especially at LW where theres a huge dropoff in good players compared to center and RW. Theres a strategy called BPA. Best Player Available. If you think Montoya is the best player in the draft you don't take a lesser player because your weak at that position. You don't know which prospects will/won't suceed, you go who you think is the best. This is not the NFL draft where you draft for now. You take what you think will be the most valuable piece down the road.

Helminen can play LW too. LW might be one of our stronger positions, which is a great situation since its harder to find good LW.
From what I read Marek is a center, Prucha plays RW. Dawes plays LW but doesn't seem to be ready for another 2-3 years and is a very very small player. Wiseman is anything but proven. Korpikoski is not gonna turn pro this year. So that leaves us with Garth Murray coming in at LW and he is a grinder/energy guy. Helminen just turned pro and is gonna need some time in the minors I assume and from what I understand he is also a center.

And when you say LW is one of our stronger positions I disagree. This team has needed a good LW since Graves last 30 goal seeason. The guys we have brought in have not played well enough and so far we have been unable to develop a LWer of our own in that time. How is that a strong position?