View Single Post
Old
08-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Rodent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
i think the important thing to note about prucha is that he seems to be on the cusp of really coming into his own and being a top scorer in the czech leagues. his performance with jagr at the world championships and his scoring in preseason should help him cement a top line roster spot on his hockey club where he can continue his offensive emergence.

if i'm correct...he didn't play a big scoring role last season (being in more of a "kid line" checking role almost...i could be wrong about that though, someone correct me if i am, that's just the impression i've gotten) so a step up to a top line and getting good minutes with good linemates could mean this is his big breakout year...and then the rangers will sign him next year and hopefully we'll be getting something good
He was on a kid line initially. In fact, that trio was very popular with the fans who would chant whenever the rookies were on the ice together.

But there was an injury or two to break up the kid line and Prucha slid next to Dopi in the latter part of the regular season. Instant chemistry!