View Single Post
Old
02-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post

On topic now, I've never stated that it had to be one trade nor did I mention anything about the return on his value. YOU made this up. What I am saying is that you can easily trade Kovalev in one trade and whether or not you use those assets in another trade depends on too many factors to try to guess. But if we're buyers, it certainly doesn't keep us from unloading the cancer on our team.
You've proposed trading Kovalev and the Kostitsyns, acquiring a top centre and a top 4 defenceman, and getting rid of the goaltender coach? All while keeping the cap situation under control. That might be a morning's work in the mind of some , but it's not very realistic to think that can be executed in the NHL in February.

I have no objections to the Kovalev part, although I would say that in the past Gainey has had a good nose for cancers and has got rid of them promptly, so I have to wonder what Kovalev is doing that's so cancerous. But the rest is not realistic, and in the end doesn't mask the single largest obstacle to getting to spring success - the AHL level goaltending the team has been receiving.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote