View Single Post
Old
02-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
There is some trade possibility right now with some other good teams that are in a similar predicament as the habs. Two east conference teams that Gainey HAS to be looking at are the Penguins and Rangers. Both are struggling mightily from glaring issues and are probably looking at a retooling more than a desperation buyer/seller move. Both the Rangers and Pens desperately need some skilled wingers, something the habs have an abundance of. While those two teams are deep down the middle and have enough Dmen (esp. the Pens with Gonchar back)

The Habs need another defenceman immediately: Perhaps Mara or Khalinin since I doubt the Rangers can re-sign both, the Pens have 8 dmen on roster: Boucher, Scuderi and Eaton impending UFA. A trade with the Pens seems reasonable and would help both teams. How about Plekanics + Kostitstyn Bros for J. Staal + Boucher or Scuderi?
I wouldn't mind having Staal but that would be a horrible trade. A.Kostystyn would score 40+ in his sleep with Crosby or Malkin. Plekanec is a good player having a bad year. S.Kostystyn needs an attitude adjustment, but he still has pretty good trade value. Boucher was just on waivers a month ago if I'm not mistaken, they'd give him away. Scuderi is a decent depth guy but we have 4 #5-5 guys already, he wouldn't help us. Gross overpayment for Staal who's already making around 4 mil I believe and on pace for 45 points.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote