View Single Post
Old
02-17-2009, 10:34 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

vCash: 500
Quick Ďroid issue venting:

Okay, so I know the issue of why roids in baseball = armageddon and the issue of roids in football = oh well. I know that is how the media and society seems to view the two sports. I get the importance of history and records to baseball and why that makes performance enhancing drugs in baseball the WORST. THING. EVER.

But I still canít help but get fired-up/pissed/annoyed at how the two sports are regarded on this issue. Simply acknowleding why that is the case doesnít justify it.

Does the public care about performance enhancement in other sports, particularly football?

Mike Golic on ESPN radio this morning said no, the public doesnít. But the more I hear people say that, the more Iím not sure I believe it. The public didnít give Shawnne Merriman the defensive player of the year award the same season he was suspended four games for testing positive for a banned substance. The public isnít who investigates these issues. Itís the media.

The media doesnít investigate football because they donít want to or, even worse, the NFL actively discourages such a venture. And Iím getting tired of hearing the same old chestnuts about baseballís sacred records and societyís bloodthirst for manly gladiators as the excuses as to why this attitude is okay.

Not that any of this is a surprise. I just wanted to vent.

I donít want a chef who refuses to make me a steak tell me heís doing so because he thinks I donít want steak.
Give me the g-d steak and Iíll decide.