View Single Post
Old
02-17-2009, 11:26 AM
MadHookUp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I understand, but at the same time, why kill yourself thinking about whats going to happen years from now? It just not worth it in my opinion. Look no further than last offseason. Noone could have predicted the current roster would look like this, for better or for worse. All Im saying is a lot of things can change in a short amount of time. Not saying it would be easy, but if this team can clear one big contract (Gomez, Drury, or preferably Redden's), and sign someone that can actually make an offensive impact, I think they can be a force to be reckoned with. It also doesnt help that our #1 offensive prospect dropped dead a couple of months ago.
I think most Ranger fans knew the team was going to look much different coming into this season. I think we all knew Shanny, Straka, Jagr, and Avery were all pretty much gone. Lets look into next season... Off the top of my head, Mara and Kalinen are the only 2 UFA. I am sure we will want to keep Mara, but he is due a raise. I think Staal, Dubi, and Zhedev are RFA. Where are we getting the cap space to sign them? The Cap is going down, and we are only losing Kalinen. Even if we drop a Voros+Prucha, we are still JUST keeping this same roster together.

The following year Naslund leaves freeing up 4million. But how much will be lost to the cap going down? Who is due a raise?

I pray we lose at least one of Redden, Drury, or Gomez but I dont see it happening. With the cap coming down, their value will go even lower(If you can imagine that). I guess the only real hope we have is that we can trade Sangiunetti and DZ for a cheap young scorer.

Between the hopelessness of the Rangers future and the passionless hockey I find myself literally depressed and angry watching them. I miss the days I would jump out of my chair and cheer.

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote