View Single Post
Old
02-17-2009, 11:44 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
A fair weather fan roots for the team only when they are winning. I live in Philly, I know all about them.

When you watch this team, what can you hope for? If you are the type of person that gets excited over a 2-1 win with very little offensive action, then you can probably stomach this team.

I think you can group the fans on this forum into 2 groups.

1.) People that love Hockey, and chose the Rangers as their favorite team.
2.) People that love the Rangers more than hockey.

I for one, love Hockey. I love watching passionate hockey. I love open ice hitting, agitators, breakaways, fast pace action, big checks, scoring, and character.

This team does not offer any of that. This team is to go out on the ice every game, pray its a zero-zero tie and win it in shootout. Most other teams in the NHL play to win. So for the HOCKEY fans, this team is painful to watch.

I think the deep frustration you are seeing now compared to other bad years, is caused by the Salary Cap. You see.. with the Rangers there was always hope. We have no hope now. Unless by some miracle Redden, Drury, or Gomez is traded, this team will get worse every year for the next several years.

We are currently against the cap. We have several players due to get some good raises, and the cap is suppose to go down. How will they get paid? Where are we going to get good, low salary scoring wingers? They dont exactly grow on trees and they aren't in our system. We cannot sign a Gaborik or Kovy because Redden, Drury, and Gomez.

So what exactly do we have to look foward to? We CANNOT afford this team next season. How sad is it that we cannot afford to keep this crappy team together next season?

Redden, Drury, and Gomez have destroyed this team for years to come. At the very least you would hope this team would show up to play each night, but they wont even do that. I think its ridiculous to expect people to watch a hopeless team that doesnt care about its fans.
This is exactly how I feel, to the T. I have always loved the Rangers and haven't missed a game in years, but I find myself skipping through Center Ice a lot more this season. The only thing I would add is that it isn't Redden, Drury, or Gomez's fault that their contracts are tying our hands - it's Glen friggin Sather's.