View Single Post
Old
02-17-2009, 03:22 PM
artilector

vCash: 500
Wow, reading this thread bring back memories.
I came to the US in '93, became a Ranger fan, watched the franchise slowly disintegrate.. I think I finally quit when Jagr came to NYC.. I could not recognize the team at all anymore. Actually, because of the damn Rangers I lost my taste for all things NHL for a while. But then because of Ovechkin I started followed the Caps, and now having watched 95% of their games through the rebuild, I feel like I've earned my stripes as a Caps fan, so life is good.

I still have a soft spot for the Rangers, though. But Sather killed them. The Gomez contract was a big body blow, Drury was the knockout punch, and Redden... oh man, at the time I thought it was stupid even if he regained his form, but now he's worth 6.5M in gold coffin nails.

I dunno, the only hope I see for the Rangers is forget playoffs, get an offensive-minded coach, at least get Gomez' and Drury's numbers to go up in order to dump at least one of them to Atlanta or something (Waddell is even more of a moron). Redden -- I have no idea what to do with him..

But for those of you who have continued to be loyal Ranger fans since just after the Cup, that's amazing endurance, watching this team now is pure friggin torture (at least from the few Rangers games that I've watched this year). Here's to better years ahead for you guys, somehow..

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote