View Single Post
Old
08-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
if weekes is brought in it wouldnt be a terrible move as long as its no longer than a 2 year deal and its at less than 3 million a year. look we all know labarbera is never going to be a starter with the rangers, a back-up maybe but even thats wishful thinking, i was even starting to wonder if valiquette could win the backup job in camp, but if we get weekes that means we have a goalie who can play when dunham falters, whereas i dont really expect renney to just consistently play labarbera or valiquette.

weekes will give us another option to at least stay in games this season, again as long as it isnt a long term deal or an expensive contract im not going to complain because i cant see labarbera or valiquette ever becoming a legit nhl starting goalie, at least not here

this way we have weekes and whoever is ready for the nhl next season be it blackie, lundqvist if he signs, or montoya if he signs

again for me all that matters is length of contract and the money he will get

who knows, maybe we sign weekes and deal dunham somewhere, the leafs may need a goalie and dunham is in the last year of his deal, someone could need a backup come the deadline if there is a season