View Single Post
Old
08-19-2004, 11:29 AM
nyr7andcounting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
I would rather see a young player emerge out of the pack rather than pick up a Weekes. What is the poing of hanging on to young players it you don't know what the can do? So typical of the Rangers. Always afraid to let young players succed (or fail) on the stage.

I just fail to see how Dunham and Weekes can possibly help this team in the long term or even the short term. Unless we're still talking about.............playoffs? Please tell me that's not where we're still.
That makes no sense. What young player out of the pack are we talking about here? Are you saying they should move Chad Wiseman to goalie and bring him to NY to see what he can do? Should David Liffiton play goal instead of defense? What are you talking about?

The only young goalie in Hartford with any NHL future is Blackburn, who hasn't played in a hockey game for over a year and a half and is no where near NHL ready, maybe not even at full strength. I guess he is the young player you are talking about, because remember Weekes plays goalie. So you would have to bring up a young goalie. If your saying you want to bring Blackburn up and have him backup Dunham this season, then that's just stupid.