View Single Post
Old
02-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ushvinder View Post
I thought the voting in 2001 was ridiculous. Lemieux scored at a great pace but he only played 43 games, the rest of the season he was useless. Hell in 1990 he misses just 20 games and gets half the amount fo votes.

Hasek and Bure were pretty much 1 man shows this season, I think they deserved more votes. I mean Sakic had an awesome season but that team was full of stars.
People had stars in their eyes when Lemieux made his comeback because of the incredible change in fortunes he was so obviously responsible for in both the team and Jagr. Without Lemieux Jagr finishes with under 100 points and the Pens might not even make the playoffs.

and Uh, Sakic carried the Avs that season. For the last time, it does not matter if a team is full of stars or not. Stop trying to devalue the players. Without Sakic, that team does not go where it went.

There is no way, shape or form that Hasek or Bure deserved it more. Bure is still a one dimensional selfish player who it did not matter who his linemates were, he was putting up a set number of points, and Hasek was not his best that year, and Buffalo had the same very good defensive team in front of him as usual.

Sakic had a two way season of epic value, and deserved the Hart.

Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote