Thread: Proposal: Philly and Ott Philly and Atl
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2009, 04:12 PM
thedjpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
If that was true, he would be playing in the NHL right now. He couldn't even beat out Giroux, so what does that say about his talent.

I am not saying JVR isn't going to be a very good NHL winger, but lets not go comparing him to a guy like Nash.
I was quick to defend Lehtonen because I'm a Thrashers fan as well as a Flyers fan, and he was being underrated by Flyers' fans, but I'll also be quick to point out that you're doing the exact same thing in this instance.

Don't infer things from a team in a different position than the team you follow: Flyers have an exorbitant amount of forward depth, which is the Thrasher's weakest spot, and are in no way going to employ two rookie forwards on a Stanley cup run. Giroux has already had some development time in the AHL, a professional league. JVR hasn't even touched the professional ranks yet.

And regardless of that, he's in no rush to join the team. That has nothing to do with his talent or ability. He's always maintained he wanted to stay in college for another year.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote