View Single Post
Old
08-19-2004, 07:01 PM
nyr7andcounting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Where rebuilding!!!!!! Were going to loose. What do you want? To sign MicGillis and Slegr so we dont have to finish in last? Then Have a D of McGillis, Selgr, Tuytin, Poti, Rachuneck, and Puriton? So Kondratiev and Pock dont develop? Great rebuilding Lets see your great idea buddy.
No one has said anything about Slegr being signed OR about Purinton being in the top 6. However, signing McGillis (or a player with his skill set/experience) would be a good move. So yes, that is what I want. Also, Pock might develop even more in the AHL than the NHL. We know what kind of game he plays, he just needs more rounding out as a defenseman. I wouldn't be totally against him polishing his game in Hartford. Just an idea.

But, this is what I think would be the best option for the top 6 defenseman.

McGillis, Kasparaitis, Poti, Tyutin, Kondratiev, Pock
Purinton, Strudwick, Lampman (get some playing time in Hartford) waiting for their chance.

3 vets/3 kids. Physical enough... Kasper and now McGillis, plus Tyutin can stand his ground most of the time. Can move the puck... all of those guys are decent puck movers with the exception of Kasper who isn't the greatest with the puck. Can put up some points... Poti hopefully can regain form, he has the tools, Pock, Tyutin and McGillis can put up points also. And decent enough defensively.

In all 4 of those ways, this defense improves with McGillis, or even Mironov, in there instead of Rachunek. Not that Rachunek is horrible, but I would rather have that defense AND a decent winger than just Rachunek.