Thread: Proposal: Philly and Ott Philly and Atl
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2009, 04:35 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Clancy View Post
Here's a little trivia: Glen Metropolit actually used to be in the Sens' system, many many years ago. They never bothered to sign him, and let him go for free.

That's about what he's worth to us today.
Boy, that's all that ever needs to be said about any player right??? I guess when Briere was let go as a UFA and nobody really wanted him that Buffalo was a fool for letting him become their captain and carry his teams to 3 consecutive ECF. I guess that when StLouis was given his walking papers and could have been signed for a song and a dance that TB were fools and he was just lucky to help carry his team to the Cup and be named the playoff MVP. I guess the flyers and CBJ are fools for giving RJ Umberger any contract at all when he was released unsigned after being drafted. Do you think any of their original teams might like to have a second chance at any of those players. I'm not saying that every player that is released unsigned turns it around but to simply imply that because one team gives up on a player that it's the end of their career is just plain retarded.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote