Thread: Injury Report: Alfredsson Has a Broken Jaw
View Single Post
Old
02-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Kanataboy68

vCash: 500
I don;t think that many teams outside of Toronto can run through the season with a 56 million payroll and not have a lot of sell outs if they expect to amke good margins. I know the beers are $10, but the Snes are running tons of events in the building and pushing really hard on sales of all kinds. I am suggesting that they need to provide high quality entertainment to make their planned season ticket sales numbers and to make decent margins this year.

I have a couple of buddies in the league and they tell me that lots of clubs pay the bills in the regular season and earn their gravy in the post season. Ottawa has bought up US cash and done other things (events) to keep pace, but sales are always critical.

I think the Sens management will feel pressured to ensure we have a winning or entertaining team, for revenue purposes as much as long term performance. It's not a matter of selling out on one to salvage the other. It's just a business imperative to try and balance both.

They need a (relatively) full building to stay ahead, especially with all the price slashing they are doing.

Kanataboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote