View Single Post
Old
02-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs88 View Post
As bad as all this has been, I can't help thinking that some good will come from this. This has all got to have a silver lining somewhere, right? Lets face it, the team is playing the worst hockey of any team in the NHL right now, by far. They sit only 2 points up on the 9th place team in the east, and are far from having a playoff spot locked up. When teams go through slumps like this, they have to hit rock bottom before anything will change, and I don't know if it can get any lower than this.

So the Habs are only 2 points up on the 9th place team, but the East being as jammed as it is this year, they are also only 1 point back of 5th. Looks like now that there is going to be 5 teams playing for the last 4 spots. Well, you can put Pittsburgh in there as well who are only 4 points back of 8th, and Philadelphia isn't safe yet either. So there is 7 teams, looking for 1 of 5 spots. Everyone knows once you get to the post season anything can happen.

The Habs have to take all this like men and begin to right the ship. With players coming back from injury, and the deadline only weeks away, we may be seeing a very different Habs team in the very near future (keeping my fingers crossed). Anyway I realize I am rambling, but 3 wins in 15 games will do that to people. All I'm saying is this team has no place to go but up, and I'm looking forward to a very different habs team down the stretch, and HOPEFULLY into the playoffs.
I like where you are going with this...

We just need the goaltending

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote