View Single Post
Old
02-22-2009, 06:48 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangible_faith View Post
Devils need a top puck moving defenseman(pp qb)and I still think they are a top 6 forward away from contending. I would love to see guys like Kubina and Arnott on the team but let's face it they are going to cost an arm and a leg, and NJ is already really low in prospect depth. There is also a cap issue as well and there isn't much room for guys like Kubina and Arnott. One yes.

Antropov Kubina to NJ for , PAndolfo(dump),Clarkson, Halischuk, Greene, 2nd.

If no Kubina...then...

Toronto/NJ
Antropov for a 2nd maybe add a mid level pick or prospect.....
Before you Leaf fans say that is not enough consider this. Yes, Burke is asking for a first, but the asking price is always high at first. Secondly, Antrepov is having another good year, is a UFA and has been injury prone every year until this year. I don't think he is worth more than a 2nd.

NJ/LAK
Pandolfo(2.5) for Priessing(2.75). Both signed until after next year and both players could use a change of scenery. Both have been healthy scratches.

PArise-Zajac-Langenbrunner
Elias-Antropov-Gionta/Zubrus
Rolston-MAdden-Zubrus/Gionta
Rupp-Holik-Shanahan

Martin-Oduya
Salvador-Kubina
White-Mottau
Salmella, Leach....

I honestly don't know what kind of cap space the Devils are saving with Rolston and Brodeurs injuries. Anyone know?
Thoughts..

PP1
Parise, Zajac, Elias, LAngenbrunner, Kubina
pp2
Gionta, Antropov, Shanahan, Rolston, Martin
Antropov was healthy all year last year. He had a small injury I believe and missed some games because of the flu

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote