Thread: News Article: Brooks spoke to Sather...barely
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I am and still remain somewhat of a Sather supporter. But I am pissed that he refuses to address the media. At the very least get your damn mug in front of a mic and let the fans know what the intentions are here. 10 out of 12 games and all you get is..."I'm not going to get into that?" ...Guess what Glen, it's part of your job.
No it's not his job to keep the fans informed of his every move. It also not be a good idea to go out and tell everyone "yeah we're going to have a firesale". Most GMs in the league don't go around saying "yes well this is exactly what I'm going to do"

People are just frustrated because the team is playing poorly and we don't know what Sather plans to do about that. This really isn't a unique position, however.

Quote:
Imagine if 18,000 people cancelled thier tix for a game? Imagine when asked about why the arena is completely empty, everyone just sat back and..."We are unable to discuss the matter?"
This makes no sense and isn't comparable.

Quote:
Gotta at least address the issue at hand.
He is. He just isn't going around telling everyone what he's going to do (and I'm also not saying that whatever he does will necessarily be the right thing, I'm just saying that I'm sure he is addressing the issue in the way he thinks it should be addressed)

Quote:
On a side note...there was lots of talk last night in and around the arena about potential coaches. Messiers name was mentioned by an ex-member of the NYR. Not sure if he really has the inside scoop or if it was personal opinion. Take it for what it's worth, but the quote was... "I am not the only one who thinks he will make a very good coach with this particular organization"

...I left it at that, and didn't really get into it, but I personally don't agree with that. I loved Messier, and will always be thankful for what he accomplished here. But, if in someway he took over as head coach for the Rangers, I think it could be a disaster waiting to happen. What happens if he did take over the reiigns in some form and the team continued it's losing ways? Would the Garden Faithful boo him too? That is something I would never want to see personally. But, I wouldn't be the least bnit opposed to seeing him hired as assistant coach of some sort.
Yeah there's no way Messier is just going to jump right into being a NHL coach without any experience with it at all. If Messier wants to coach, I don't think he's going to start doing it at the NHL level, unless it's as an assistant coach or something and then work his way into the head coaching job.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote