Old
02-23-2009, 11:17 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
*big quote about disappointment with fans*
I agree. The whole "Garden Faithful" crap is so overblown these days. I'm so tired of hearing about the Garden Faithful. Back in the day, yes, there was no place like the Garden. While I never had gone to the Garden before the 96-97 season, just watching on TV you could get that feeling and stories from the people who went add to that. The intimidation that the fans would reign down on the opposing teams and their fans. The energy of 18,200 strong yelling their lungs out saying "LET'S GO RANGERS!"

Today, we have people who go to the Garden that aren't fans of the team. We have people who are too snobby to cheer for the home team. We have fans who get annoyed when people act rowdy and yell for their team to win. We have fans who can't be bothered to celebrate the careers of two of the greatest Rangers ever because they don't know who they are.

We have fans who don't cheer "Let's Go Rangers" unless a goal is scored and even then it doesn't last more than 10 seconds before the place is quiet again. No, instead we yell "Potvin Sucks!" when the team looks flat. Fans who instead of giving players energy to feed off of, can only feed off of the players. Some fans.

I have no problem with booing the team when they suck and cheering them when they win. However, the problem is that even when they win, the place is quiet. Even when it's a close game, the place is quiet. Why must the Garden only be loud after a goal and in the last 10 minutes of the game?

As was written on the Blueshirt Bulletin today,
Quote:
The Garden Faithful needs to be restored, revived, and reinvented.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote