View Single Post
Old
02-23-2009, 01:03 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
Nope, haven't been to a game this season. Having a 7 month old kinda stops that from happening. Sounded like a great game, though, and glad to see Thiessen play so well this weekend.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised to hear NU called out for excessive diving. In my admittedly biased opinion, they've tended to be one of the least likely teams to do that in HE over the last decade or so. Probably because they tended to be a team of grinders for most of that time (and they also sucked, so no one was going to give them a call). BU tended to be pretty bad about it, although BC was always the worst (freaking Brian Gionta could have captained the BC swimming and diving team he flopped so often. See also Chris Drury when he was on Comm. Ave.). Again, didn't see the game, so I can't speak to that, but I didn't notice a great deal of diving last year at the couple of games I got to, nor the couple I've caught on TV so far this season.
It wasn't the whole team at all, mainly this guy Donovan who was going over every time a BU stick got close to him. Gryba was visibly pissed and yelling at him about it and also absolutely rocked him a couple times, so did Strait.

The best thing was in OT, BU switched defensive pairings and Gryba and Warsofsky came out, Donovan, who was only like 20 seconds in his shift, immediately starts waving at the bench for a change, it was pretty epic.

I was impressed with NEU, they're very defensive (trapped basically the entire game), but they work their ***** off and they have an excellent forecheck, easily the best team I've seen BU play this year even though they don't have the most talent, very impressive.

And btw, Yip and Ginand got into it several times, should be fun to follow if they play each other at the HE tourney.