Thread: Prospect Info: Flyers Prospects Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Stonehands77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
It wasn't the whole team at all, mainly this guy Donovan who was going over every time a BU stick got close to him. Gryba was visibly pissed and yelling at him about it and also absolutely rocked him a couple times, so did Strait.

The best thing was in OT, BU switched defensive pairings and Gryba and Warsofsky came out, Donovan, who was only like 20 seconds in his shift, immediately starts waving at the bench for a change, it was pretty epic.

I was impressed with NEU, they're very defensive (trapped basically the entire game), but they work their ***** off and they have an excellent forecheck, easily the best team I've seen BU play this year even though they don't have the most talent, very impressive.

And btw, Yip and Ginand got into it several times, should be fun to follow if they play each other at the HE tourney.
NU is always a hard working, grinding team. They've never been able to compete with BC/BU for the elite talent (other than the occasional player like Jim Fahey), but they are usually very tough to play against. I'm hoping this is the season they start to make some noise in the HE playoffs, and can start building their program some more. They've come out of nowhere to be this good, so I'm hoping Cronin can continue it.