Old
02-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yes it is...you're saying we definitely would not have won without Briere (which is a somewhat ridiculous assertion relying entirely on "what if"). I'm saying we don't win without Biron...yay Briere?

Playoffs...are a small sample. I'll take 72 games over a 7 game playoff series. He's had good playoffs...he'll also have bad playoffs. And reversion to mean is always a good time on the ride down.
But this isnt about Biron at all, this conversation is about Briere, is it not? Just as you assume we lose the series if biron doesnt play, I assume we lose if Briere doesnt play...neither is a fact, you state yours as if it is a fact which it is not. We wouldnt have made it to a game 7 for Biron to steal if Briere wasnt on the team and winning games for them earlier in the series.

Briere has been as good as anyone in the league in the playoffs since the lockout, thats much more than a 7 game sample. In 51 playoff games since the lockout Briere has 50 points. The playoffs are a much tighter defensive game and he has still managed to put up over 20 goals and 50 points since the lockout, thats much more than a 7 game sample. Some people can handle the pressure of the playoffs, some cant, Briere has PROVEN he is as good as anyone when the season is on the line and thats someone I want on this team.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote