View Single Post
Old
02-23-2009, 09:22 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by major league View Post
No Way Jose. As I stated in another post. I used to love the Graf 705's. Awesome skates. When my old pair wore out, after about ten years. I bought another pair of 705. I am about to throw them in the trash. If I could get a bag of pucks for them I will make the trade. They are terrible. They are no longer made out of leather. The boots after a year are still too stiff. What I mean is,normally after a game if you were to squeeze the skates they would be a little soft. Not with the new Graf's When you squeese them they are as hard as a rock. Zero give. The old graf's were stiff,but not that stiff. So according to my expierience, stiffness has allot to do with it.I guess to each his own.
Also if you think about it. Stiffness in everyhing is going to make a difference. If you like a 80 flex in a stick and switch to a 120 are you going to tell me that the 120 isn't going to be to stiff. I think it would be.
Well I don't know why pro stock skates sell for so much and are rock hard stiff.

I guess you could always go the thrift shop and find a pair of bauer huggers if you want a limper boot? *snicker*

Boots and sticks are not even close to the same comparison. But ok as I get stronger and heaver I up the flex on my stick as well as I skate better I want more support in my boot.

Graf 705s are a pro level skate and sold as such
"lightweight extra-stiff boot"
http://www.usaskates.com/hockeyskates/s705sr.html

You got the skate you paid for. I hate the Grafs personally since I have duck feet.

I hope you find the skate you are looking for.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote