View Single Post
Old
02-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Placebo Effect

vCash: 500
Just starting ice hockey, couple of questions

Alright, time for me to sound like a noob

OK, so I finally decided to actually play ice hockey rather than just playing roller hockey in the summer for fun. I got all my gear last week and was wondering if the elbow pad should overlap the shoulder pad (bicep protector part or whatever it is called) at all? I tried on everything and got sized up properly at my LHS etc and everything felt good. The only thing is I tried all the pads one at a time instead of having all of it on at the same time. I've adjusted and shortened the bicep protector part so that only a little bit overlaps with the elbow pad but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to leave it like it was and have a large amount overlap or minimize the overlap. Or is this like with pretty much everything hockey, personal preference?

I've done as much reading of this board as I could but damn there is a lot.

Also, just to throw in an additional question, can anyone recommend a curve similar to a Recchi? Not a huge fan of the CCM sticks and was looking at the other popular brands (Easton, Reebok, Bauer and Warrior). Obviously there probably isn't an identical curve but hopefully something close enough.

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote