Thread: News Article: Chris Drury quote
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
money?

maybe that's the problem. I think you can point to a heck of a lot of games in which it wasn't the system that wasn't working, but it was the players who just weren't playing hard enough. Why did this team seem to be able to score through December, and why did they seem to be able to play hard through December, and then it seemed to fade?

But I'm not sure money was the problem since the guys who should be leading this team, Henke, Rozsival, Drury, Gomez, Naslund and Redden are all locked up to fat contracts. Mara, a guy who is playing for a contract, is visibly playing hard every night and is noticed for that fact. Cally is visibly playing hard every night and has been rewarded with more offensive opportunties of which he's taken advantage.

Perhaps Renney should've sat Gomez indefinitely when he wasn't playing well. I'm sure he wouldn't have sulked and resented the coach even more. Perhaps Drury deserved to stay home when the Rangers went on a road trip. I'm sure that would've made him happy. Perhaps Redden would've liked riding buses with 22 years olds across the Northeast, since that's where he really belonged at times.

I can criticize Renney with the best of them, trust me, but certain things I really cannot defend, and that's been the effort.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote