View Single Post
Old
02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
utmfisher19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik20 View Post
hey guys, cant wait for the game tonight.....I was just wondering what do Nashville fans think of Ellis this year....I dont pay much attention to your goaltending situation since we got one of our own....but I noticed Pekka Rinne playing most of your games...is/was Ellis injured? or has he just been playing like ****?
It is more like Rinne has be unbelievable. Rinne was projected to be the starter this season here 3 years back. While Ellis has not been great by any means, he also has not been playing terrible.

Ellis >> Chris Mason due to Ellis wont let in (as) soft (of) goals. But Ellis has A LOT of trouble controlling rebounds and has a very below average glove hand.

On the other hand, Rinne's glove hand might be one of, if not, the best in the NHL. Rinne is 6'5" so his long legs take away the bottom half of the net. He always has his stick protecting his 5 hole (that seems HUGE, but then takes it away in an instant), and because of his height, takes away the top of the net.... There is very little room to shoot at with Rinne in net.

To answer your question in short: No, Ellis was never hurt, Rinne has just been THAT good (as we expected him to be).

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote