Thread: Proposal: Gomez to Atlanta
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2009, 01:34 PM
dj4aces

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Enstrom is young this is his second year. I wasnt expecting much out of him this season or anyone else on the team. He's fine. We don't need Gomez.
I was hoping Enstrom would put up the numbers offensively, like he did last year. He got buried by acquired depth.

Really, though, his stick is quite long. I'd like to see him experiment with shorter sticks and see if he can put more shots on net.

Gomez would be a big body to create space for Kovalchuk, as well as put the puck on net for himself Kovalchuk hasn't had a big body since Savard. Atlanta can also afford him -- even with the cap potentially shrinking next year. Lastly, it gives Atlanta an opportunity to export some of its lesser performing players. It would be a good move for Atlanta for the future (Gomez would love the wide open system), as well as a good move for the Rangers (Nine players eating $40mil of salary? Not good!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Todd White is Producing more and is paid about 1/3 of Gomez Salary.
There's also the issue of two (three, if you consider Torts coming in the door now) different systems. White is doing better than I expected or ever anticipated this year.

Think about it: Todd friggin' White is putting up good numbers in the John Anderson system. Peverley has already out-done the numbers he put up in Nashville in a fraction of the games he's played in Atlanta. Who is to say Gomez can't? He would be worth taking a chance on, if for no other reason than to create space for Kovalchuk.

Last edited by dj4aces: 02-24-2009 at 01:41 PM.
dj4aces is offline   Reply With Quote