Plus/Minus
-2 Enstrom + Havelid
-1 Havelid apart from Enstrom
+4 Enstrom apart from Havelid

Shot Differential
-99 Enstrom + Havelid
-62 Havelid apart from Enstrom
+4 Enstrom apart from Havelid

Enstrom is much more effective apart from Havelid. Ergo it is Enstrom that is contributing the most to that pairing.

http://www.birdwatchersanonymous.com...ter-enstrom-of
That's a great argument and good stats. Thank you. The only thing I'd counter to that is that I think Anderson will let Havelid stay out there for mis-matched longer shifts playing with Exelby or Valabik to get the pairings right etc. whereas Enstrom seems to quickly get off whenever the Havelid and Enstrom show is over. You rarely see Havelid getting off the ice before Enstrom even though they both log a lot of minutes.

If Enstrom was a less passive guy I'd be okay with keeping him. He's been treating the puck like a hot potato all year except when he has clear open ice, and then he flies. As for Gomez, the salary stinks, but I think we'd be better with White and Gomez up the middle than with Enstrom...we're going to see Bogosian and Hainsey on the PP, and we may end up with Hedman.

I guess if we go with Hainsey-Bogosian Hedman-Enstrom, then let's keep Enstrom. Go with a second line of Kozlov-Peverley-Armstrong.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote