View Single Post
Old
02-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Quiet Robert

vCash: 500
Surprised more people weren't high on Wolski. I remember liking him quite a bit. However he had gotten arrested a few days before the draft and that may have scared a few people off?

I also remember quite a few people happy with the Chipchura pick. Big centerman with a ton of character and intangibles who had fallen because of an injury and could potentially turn out to be a gem; what's not to like? Especially at the time when this team was known as small and soft, a guy like Chipchura seemed to potentially fill a need in the minds of many fans. Suprised so many people liked Meszaros because I really don't remember that many people hyping him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
2004 is the only year I did it but I fully intend to repeat the experience this year!
Probably a very good thing you didn't do it for 2005 because a lot of people (myself included) would end up looking very, very silly. The collective outrage over passing up on Gilbert Brule and picking a goalie is, in retrospect, incredibly, incredibly hilarious.

BTW- Congrats to you for the Hansen pick at 200+ and to BG for Dustin Boyd.

I'd be really interested in doing something like that this year and almost suggested doing it last year but never got around to it.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote