View Single Post
Old
02-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Surprised more people weren't high on Wolski. I remember liking him quite a bit. However he had gotten arrested a few days before the draft and that may have scared a few people off?

I also remember quite a few people happy with the Chipchura pick. Big centerman with a ton of character and intangibles who had fallen because of an injury and could potentially turn out to be a gem; what's not to like? Especially at the time when this team was known as small and soft, a guy like Chipchura seemed to potentially fill a need in the minds of many fans. Suprised so many people liked Meszaros because I really don't remember that many people hyping him.

Probably a very good thing you didn't do it for 2005 because a lot of people (myself included) would end up looking very, very silly. The collective outrage over passing up on Gilbert Brule and picking a goalie is, in retrospect, incredibly, incredibly hilarious.

BTW- Congrats to you for the Hansen pick at 200+ and to BG for Dustin Boyd.

I'd be really interested in doing something like that this year and almost suggested doing it last year but never got around to it.
Meszaros got his hype just after the World championship. He was a 18 yrs old playing top minutes for the the Slovakian national team which was quite a achievement for a teenager.

I hated the chipchura pick from the start but had hope he could fill the 3rd or 4th line duty down the road. My main concern about him was foot speed. He was a character guy but if you want to make it as a grinder/checker in the NHL you have to got the speed to keep up with the other offensive threat.

Green really interested me after the prospect game where he was IMO the best player from his team I really liked his mobility and the fact that his shots were always on target. He was kinda small 6'1 (now 6'2) but he was kinda fiesty. Even tough I was high on him I didnt expected him to be the almost re-incarnation of Paul Coffey/Brian Leetch.

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote