View Single Post
Old
02-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Batarnac

vCash: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristoHuet View Post
Last year the second we faced adversity we crumbled because the character of our team wasn't really all that tested. This year has been test after test and at some points the team's reaction has been lacking. It all depends on the team's leadership to give guidance in such adversity situations so that they accept the challenge with the right attitude so as to overcome it.

That's the problem this year. I don't see Carbo as being an effective leader... and player leadership can only go so far.. coaching and player leadership need to complement one another.

I don't know where this team would be without Gainey's influence, because Carbo is not the best leader from what I've seen. His mannerisms when a penalty is called are that of a small bratty child getting punished. It flows down throughout the team... accountability has been a problem for our players this year and we have a coach whose only strategy to make players accountable is to reduce their ice-time. Look at Carey Price whenever he lets in a goal.. his shoulders shrug as if to say "what could I do"..
I think Carbo really improved in that aspect. But I have to admit that I really don't like the way Price reacts when he let's one in.