View Single Post
Old
02-24-2009, 06:31 PM
hashmarks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GScott View Post
Maclean--Cassels, Marchant, Fedorov. All brought in and sold as #1 centers for Nash.
Quote:
Picking up a young 3rd liner because he's cheap and trying to make him a top 6.
Ummm, yeah...not quite the YOUNG players that you claimed he repeatedly went out and got no are they? Maclean was an idiot to try to sell those guys as number 1 centers to the fanbase. Howson has done nothing of the like. He is well aware of RJ's skill set, and the fact that RJ is on pace for a career year is evidence that he is playing better than expected. He is still a 2nd line winger at best, and nobody has ever tried to sell him any differently.

Howson--Umberger. Sold as a potential #1 last summer. How has that worked out?

Quote:
Again I don't see trading a potential superstar like Filatov (who can actually shoot and score I might add) for another 1st line "experiment" whose career high is 42 points. I wouldn't mind giving Staal a try but not at the expense of Filatov and Voracek. If you are including either of them it better be for a bona fide #1 who has proven he can play that position at the NHL level.
I would never trade Voracek, NEVER. Imo, he can be better than Nash. Anyone who would trade Voracek before Filatov needs to get their head examined.

Last edited by hashmarks: 02-24-2009 at 07:00 PM.
hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote