View Single Post
Old
02-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Campoli won't be making less than a million a year for long, and given that their best player is 36 years old. This team will not contend next year despite what many think. It was evident from the time they started going downhill last year. This is their 4th coach in less than a year and none of them fixed the problem, the problem with the team is on the ice, not on the bench. Adding Campoli is not going to fix things overnight, and I highly doubt he will be a part of their longtime future given their organization strategy of win now. He will likely be a salary cap victim in a year or so while Murray decides to give his failing roster one last chance.

while i am sure you think you know what you're talking about - you do not.
Why does everything have to be an either or with people.

Murray is buying and Murray is selling. They are not mutually exclusive.
The most important thing is that Murray is building, and Campoli is a very cap friendly piece.
We are going to have a pile of picks in this years draft anyway and we've added a guy who can play and help our team in the #4 spot on D - sounds good to me.
Add to that we've taken our time with a number of our prospects who are now becoming NHL ready and i have absolutely no problem with the direction of this team.

oh, and we'll have lots of cap space as well as 3 star players signed longterm.
This past calendar year has been an abberation and the Sens will be back near the top of the league next year or the year after.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote