View Single Post
Old
08-23-2004, 02:56 PM
disles1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
You said that about Janne N as well, and he signed a longterm deal. I'm willing to bet that Hamrlik will as well. And, if he doens't then we can talk trade. In the meantime, its a moot point as far as Smith is concerned because EDM won't take Hamrlik's salary.

Being a warrior should be the ONLY factor in adding a guy to THIS team. We've not made it past the first round in three seasons and we have a number of players (yashin, Kvasha, Parrish) who have a history of non-production in the playoffs. The last thing we need is some player who puts up good numbers in the regular season but can't be counted on when it matters.
When did I say that about Janne? You thought there was little chance the isles keeping all top 4 together because of $$ and UFA for AA + one year deals for Hammer and Janne BUT Janne signed a long term deal (you didn't think possible). I just said I like Janne over Hammer and if I had to choose I would take Janne. Not one source had Janne signing long term until it was already done. I hope Hammer signs long term as well--I just Prefer IF we get a top winger (we desperately need) then we could trade Hammer to free up some $$ by getting back a cheaper tough dman like Smith, Vish, Gauthier, Mckee etc.... Don't worry Darth, Demitra will come thru and play like a champ....if only we could get him