View Single Post
Old
08-23-2004, 05:12 PM
disles1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Darth - Agree 100% on your assessment and rationale regarding Demitra. He and Yashin would likely put up nice stats in the regular season. But your point about the need for "warriors" and the playoffs is spot on. Sure, I'd welcome Demitra...if you first had a Roberts/Shanny/Simon/etc. type on the left side on that line (pipedream).
Ok let me get this straight---you and Darth would NOT take Demitra (or Palffy?) on this team because he is not a playoff warrior? If Wang opened is wallet and was willing to take on a UFA you would not want Demitra? Only if we had a "Simon" on the line already?? The same Simon on Cal who has 16 points in 67 career playoff games I know, I know he's tough though--a playoff warrior Can't Scatch or Peca or Asham be that warrior? If Wang is willing to open the wallet, bring in talented scoring wingers like Demitra or Palffy I would do it anyday of the week
PS Demitra has 43 points in 66 playoff games not too bad when you consider Peca has 23 points in 69 games (1 in 15 games for the isles )

Last edited by disles1: 08-23-2004 at 05:18 PM.