View Single Post
Old
02-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Red Dragon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green13 View Post
What is wrong with you people? Theres no rule if your right hand dominant you should use a left stick. Most of the NHL is using left sticks because growing up they are taught to use left sticks from their development coaches.

This is because having your dominant on top = better stick handling and thats what the coaches found most important. But that doesn't mean its the end all answer, it just depends what you find more important for your game and comfortable.

I already stated the pros and cons of dominant hand on top or bottom but the benefits aren't evident if your uncomfortable; therefore comfort is first priority, and if you can play either side, then decide what aspect you want to be better at.
The strong hand on top or bottom only has importance when you are young as you practice they will get better. I'll use my team has an example. The 2 best stickhanders are rightys shoting right and the two best shooters are rightys shooting left and the worst sickhandler is a righty shooting left.

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote