View Single Post
Old
02-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
some positives from a weird night...they didn't lose the game (I still don't consider the skills competition to be part of winning or losing, just a part of point accumulation). And they got a point on the road.

Aside from that, as previously mentioned, it was a weird game. Gomez was flying, and I mean flying. Unfortunately, however, he was also reckless. Reckless with his passing and shooting, although he was all over the ice and in the end, mostly ineffective. Was he trying too much to impress his coach?

Betts and Orr completely forgot how to handle the puck as well as get wood on the shot. Did they read where Torts doesn't like rolling four lines and as a result tightened up?

I like the effort in that they kept moving. They really never stopped, unless their name was Drury, who was pretty much useless as usual. The defensemen pinched effectively and pushed up the ice pass their own blue line effectively too. The forwards effectively covered for the pinching defensemen. There were a couple breakaways, which isn't anything out of the norm in RangerLand. There was an energy level and you can see they actually wanted to win late in the third as opposed to not wanting to lose. At least there's a change in that attitude (however it came about).

Torts' comments regarding conditioning were interesting. Maybe he'll realize that 20 minutes per night for Drury are too many, but unfortunately some of that damage to Gomez and Drury have been done.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote