View Single Post
02-26-2009, 10:07 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
What is telling the referee during a stoppage going to do? I have players come up to me all the time with comments about something that happened to them as if it's somehow going to make me magically see what I don't see for the rest of the game.

Referees are watching so much during play that they are going to miss some things that happen. That's the nature of the game. Get used to it.
What?? There's a big difference between complaining about every non-call and alerting an official to a recurring problem. Proper protocol is for a player to tell his captain and the captain to mention it to an official during a stoppage. Something along the lines of, "Hey, ref. I understand some of these guys are beginners but could you talk to them about keeping their stick on the ice?" It makes the ref aware of a safety issue, the ref cautions the other team that he's going to start sending players to the box if it continues, then play resumes. Players need to control their sticks and they don't always hit you harmlessly in the cage. I got butt ended in the neck hard enough to have a rectangular abrasion mark for about a week.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote