Thread: Proposal: Rangers/Leafs
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2009, 06:01 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Some Maple Leafs fans might want to take a gander down the Rangers roster especially at forward. Dubinsky hit 40 points as a 21 year old with Jagr on the winger--this year he's at 30 and should be close to last years point total without Jagr. One can figure he'll be a regular 50 + point player sometime in the near future and for some time to come. What else they might notice besides his youth is he has good size and you won't find anyone else with any skill at all on the Rangers that plays as physical as he does. And after that is the matter of the contract--making 633 K and an RFA in the off season. He is a good deal for the Rangers and honestly I wouldn't move him for Kaberle either even though I think Kaberle is an excellent defenseman but I don't think that Kaberle makes much difference with the team we have now--he would give surely give us more mobility and puck movement but he's not going to change the non-aggresive nature of the team nor do I think he's going to do much for our confidence addled forwards like Drury (who hasn't scored in 16 games) or Naslund.

Anyway the Rangers don't need to add another big contract without at least getting rid of one. They don't need to get older, smaller and less physical. Whether they make the playoffs or not--they're not going to last long if they do. There's no reason for us to gut our team of our best young players and prospects and as well it would be better for Kaberle if he went instead to a team with a better chance of winning.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote