View Single Post
Old
02-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Guffaw26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
Even with a SLR, you probably would only get harassed if you're bringing in one of those tan pro grade telephoto jobbers.
Which is the dumbest thing in the world...where's the harm?

I believe that's the same lens I have. Not taken it to a game at the Wach, but I did take it to one of the Sens-Flyers games in Ottawa during the '06-'07 season. Dude at the gates wasn't gonna let me in (we were sitting about 5 rows from the roof) so I said ok, "I'll use my smaller lens (a 28-70mm)" and showed it to him in my bag. He said ok and let me through. But you know I used the 70-210mm and the pics still weren't that great from such a long distance away. Honestly, I think mooks at the ticket turnstiles target Canon long lenses the most because of their color. If they were black like most lenses, they wouldn't bat an eye.

I've used the same lens at Carolina Panther games as well as at many MLB stadiums. Never any real hassle. I don't get the whole "pro equip" thing. It's not like you're shooting from an optimal location or using remotes to fire the big time flash units in the arena.

Guffaw26 is offline   Reply With Quote